- 3% of married women have not had sex in the past year. 1% of men.
- 13% of married couples have sex a few times a year.
- 45% a few times a month.
- 34% 2-3 times per week.
- 7% More than 4 times per week.
This is about what I have been telling clients (e.g. 2-3 times a week to 2-3 times a month is the “normal” range). One client who was wanting sex multiple times per day is obviously in the extreme, (although, I think that may be due to his not knowing how to emotionally connect in other ways).
- 90% of people consider themselves to be heterosexual, ~2% homosexual, ~2% bisexual, and ~4% as ‘something else’.
- 6.2% of men and 4.4% of women are attracted to people of the same sex.
- 25% of men report* visiting a pornographic website in the last 30 days. 4% of women.
- 8% of men and women who use the Internet for sexual reasons reported significant problems associated with compulsive disorders.
- 5% of men and 11% of women have never masturbated.
- 35% of men ages 18-39 do not masturbate, 37% ‘sometimes’, 28% more than once per week.
- 62% of women in relationships are “very satisfied” with the frequency of orgasm.
This seems to be in stark contrast to men, whom except in rare cases almost always have an orgasm during sex. Nature’s cruelty to women!
- More than 120 million couples a year have an unmet need for contraception.
Think about all the unwanted pregnancies that would not occur if these people had this need met!
- 14.8 % of women in the U.S. are raped at some point during their life.
This stat is scary. I had no idea it was so high. My wife actually thought it was low. Scary.