…apparently leads to all kinds of things, including abortion, violent music, and the cessation of spanking your kids. Watch out! Anyone else get this email?
- God says he didn’t save all the kids who have been killed in school shootings because he isn’t allowed in school? Wha? What kind of God is that?
- We shouldn’t have organized prayer in public school. Keep it personal, or keep it in seminary. No one should be subject to be around open religious practice in a public school if they don’t want to be, especially when they’re a minority. I don’t want my son to feel like he has to pray to someone else’s Jesus just because everyone else is doing it.
- The video tries to suggest that the Bible is only full of common sense and wisdom, and therefore should be allowed in schools. Really? The intention here is not to Christianize public schools? Actually, I think the Bible should be allowed in school, right along with every other religious text, but in that case it should be used for academic purposes.
- Did Dr. Spock really say spanking would warp our kids’ personalities? It may not do that but it may make them more aggressive. This point really lost me. Is the cessation of spanking really a sign of the downfall of society? How about just better parenting?
- Teacher’s shouldn’t touch students? Isn’t that a good idea? If you need to touch a student it better be an emergency and require a restraint. Otherwise, does the video suggest that smacking them around a bit is a good idea?
- … and no spanking of the kids leads right to… ABORTION? wow where’s the missing link there?
- Giving out condoms is a bad idea? Granted, I definitely believe in abstinence for high-schoolers, but I believe even more in not making babies in high school! As a poster in my supervisor’s office says, “Become a High School Grad before you become a Quality Dad!” What the school nurse needs to do is tell the kids that the condoms may not work, and you may get pregnant anyway, so here’s where you can get other forms of protection.
- It doesn’t matter what people do in private, unless it affects other people. In that case I agree. Like if our POTUS was doing meth in the closet.
- BUT, this leads right to child porn right? Hmm.
- And child porn leads to bad music? Wow we’re taking a step back here.
- And this leads to our kids killing strangers. Now that’s a slippery slope!
Do you think organized prayer should be allowed in public schools?
Do you think not spanking is a bad idea?
What think ye?