18 out of 20 people in the poll here so far agreed we should take care of the environment. (For the record, one person who voted “worship it” actually wanted to vote “fear it” but that was not available so they “chose the next best thing.”) We all probably suspected that would be the case. The real issue may be to what extent should we take care of the environment? This also made me wonder, am I an environmentalist?
- I buy growth-hormone free whole milk for my son.
- I believe that we are stewards of the earth, that we should use our resources carefully, and not put the economy above our friends the tree frogs without giving it a second thought.
- I hugged a tree while I was in Hawaii.
- I think we should practice the 3 R’s even when it’s inconvenient.
- I eat some animals, but am mindful that their lives were sacrificed. Recently in a prayer before eating some chicken I even noted that to God and my wife and I started giggling. It just sounded funny, you know? But I am mindful, and grateful.
- I like organic food.
- I turn off the water when I brush my teeth, and try to take short showers.
- I enjoyed An Inconvenient Truth and Who Killed The Electric Car?
- I don’t know how I feel about more drilling. If it would prevent wars (which is what McCain seems to insinuate) I could definitely see the use. It does however seem like giving more crack to an addict rather than dealing with the problem.
- I think we have a responsibility to take care of animals, and treat them with respect.
To what extent should we take care of the environment? When do we go to far? When do we not go far enough? Should animals have rights? Are shopping malls more important than wildlife?